BLOODHOUNDS
    Maltsters Arms    

The Team

P. Chadwick

T Chadwick

J Davies

J Evans

A Dorman

H Dyer

M Dyer

C Gentle

R Gentle

V Gentle

R Kelly

M Kelly

D Murphy

J Stewart

M Mullins

M Stewart

 

 

 
Merthyr Road,
Whitchurch,
Cardiff,

Secretary, Henry Dyer

Tel. 07803 905563

email

Captain, Mina Kelly
 
 
A History of The Bloodhounds

The team was formed in 1947 by friends working for the then Bristol Aeroplane Company in Maesycoed Road making the Bloodhound missile.
The team played out of several pubs in north Cardiff including the New Inn and the Masons before settling into the Fox and Hounds for many years.
As we know, the brewery decided to demolish the alley, so there followed a decade or more of wandering to find a new home, playing out of the Birchgrove,
Lakelands Club, Whitchurch Rugby Club, Wolfs Castle and finally the Maltsters.

Sadly several older members are no longer with us but we still have a strong sense of our history.
The team has had varying success in the 4th to 6th divisions of the old league but there is a good team spirit with players having travelled far and wide to make sure of a game -
from Newport and Brecon as well as Minehead, Birmingham and even Edinburgh. Individually we have been more successful with Keith and Henry both winning the Individual Championship,
John Davies being runner up and three others making it through to the final seven. Henry also won the Veterans championship in 2010.

We are looking forward to this new challenge, to see some old and new faces and to play on some alleys that we have not played on for years.

Fixtures 2015 -2016

Averages 2014 - 2015

Results 2014 - 2015

 
Bloodhounds Archive Page