A History of The Black & Ambers
The Black and Ambers were named after the colours of Llandaff North R.F.C. and were formed in 1959. The first season was played at The Railway on Station Road while the rugby club were negotiating to convert Rodericks Pie Factory on Radyr Road, into club premises. The stakes were high, a rent of £2 per week was agreed but the club only paid for three weeks before the factory was sold to them.
In 1960 the team moved to the new club and have played there ever since. John Evans, one of the team has played for the team throughout that time and at least nine of the boys have been together for over 30 years.
YOU WILL ALWAYS GET A WELCOME AT THE "THE NORTH"
The Black and Ambers were the Whitchurch league champions and won The William Hancock Shield in 1983/84 also winning the Shell Cup in 2006 - 2007.
Llandaf North S.S.C.
42, Radyr Road,
Cardiff, CF14 2FU.